Tips to greatly improve the security of your iPhone
It has always spread like wildfire believing that iOS is safer than Android, system and this is a truth too mean, because as any system is as secure as its weakest link, and as in any system designed to public, that link us.
Today I want to take this opportunity to provide you a list of tips to significantly improve the security of your data, and we always thought that hacker attacks are things of movies or limited to celebrities, but this is not true, any of us you may be the victim of a malicious attack at any time.
While it is true that the attacks cause the most impact are some like the attack on Sony, the Celebgate or DDoS denial of service Playstation Network or Microsoft servers, any of us can fall victim to an attack on a small scale at any time of day, either being in a cafe connected to WiFi this, in an airport using free network or even sleeping at home while someone tries to access our iCloud account.
And it is that however it closed iOS and many layers of security including, if we do not make good use of them, are useless. That’s why I want to encourage practices that are listed below, each serve to make your digital life more secure and private life.
Active as soon as the verification system in two steps from Apple, including a new device may take a minute next time, but can save you from big trouble, and if you ask Katniss Everdeen.
1. Use a VPN connection whenever you connect to a WiFi network without a password (called unsecured), this cifraras way all your connections and you can navigate without worrying that someone can intercept and read.
2. Take a tour of the app Settings iOS every corner, you can certainly find small adjustments that suit your best smartphone to your lifestyle and take away some concern over (if you have any question about something that you may find you can always go to us to learn more).
3. Do not press the “Trust” when you connect your iPhone to a computer other than yours button, and if you do just those that you’ll really better to use iTunes yet. Click on this button means giving access to a computer to all data including your device, do not click on that team can only charge the battery of your device without accessing the file system.
4. If you have the jailbreak, do not install or “Afc2add” or “House Arrest Fix” or “OpenSSH” if you need these tweaks to something sure to uninstall when you finish your goal in order to close the door to possible attacks.
5. Set a complex password and uses TouchID, an iPhone without a password is an invitation to your most intimate data, accessing your iPhone can see your life in pictures, locate your house, your job, the more sites you You go, access your social networks, your notes, your address book, your emails, your messages and many more …
6. If you do not want your private life becomes public, set a strong password on your iPhone, with TouchID not have to put it back until you restart the iPhone, and put it once every two days will not pass anything.
7. Encrypt your backups in iTunes, it’s as simple as bring them a password that you will be asked when you want to restore. Leave your backups without taping means that anyone with access to your computer will have access to all data on your device, and that a backup can be extracted everything mentioned in the previous point and more including files that your iPhone is protected by any app that requires password. And if the computer is familiar, think if you like anyone could access all that data, including conversations Whatsapp, iMessage or application that you utiliceis.
8. Look closely at the web address when you are accessing an important service through a link in an email or the like, always keep in mind that the appearance of a website is easily suplantable the URLno. That’s why you must always look at the address bar (not the name of the web, but your address), the address will be styled “https://www.binzou.com” format, if you access a web of apple and the url begins with strange names and numbers is a clear indication that the web has been supplanted, and this could be a case of phishing, through which you would be giving your Apple ID and password to enter in either web.
9. If the web begins with “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” much better, this confirms that your data is securely transmitted and encrypted server.
10. Find My iPhone always active on your device, this will prevent anyone to award the contract if for whatever reason you also can locate lost if lost and even display messages on your screen to retrieve it. Once this service is activated with iCloud Activation Lock is active, this means that anyone can revive the iPhone, not even after having restored, if not have your Apple ID and password.
11. In your address book, on your own, try not to write your mail Apple ID the first, or skip directly, this is because someone can ask Siri from the lock screen “Who am I?” And assistant innocently will show all the information that you’ve saved on your own in your agenda.
12. Always fighting for your privacy and security of your data, even if it means abandoning Whatsapp due to its lousy little cipher or security measures.
13. If you do not fight for your privacy, we put things simple people who want to take control of your data, and believe me, the day you pass you’ll regret not having protected better. Moreover, our data are ours, and that companies like Facebook and Google offer their services free of charge should make you suspect this is because our data is our currency of payment, then Facebook charges advertisers for them and presents targeted advertising based on our age, gender, preferences, browsing history, likes, location, etc …
For now these are the main boards, the bottom line is to always be aware that the danger is real and take action on the matter, of course this can cost at first, but it’s not all that complicated, it’s as simple as well informed and avoid many embarrassing situations or headaches.