How To Install Kodi on iPhone and iPad without Jailbreak
Kodi is definitely one of the most popular open source media player that works across platforms. It is available for an array of devices including the iOS devices like the iPhone and the iPad. Kodi pushed a major update earlier this month taking the version to 17 and it was also made available for the Apple mobile devices.
Traditionally, Kodi cannot be installed on an iOS device without jailbreaking it first. Apple’s App Store doesn’t allow the app to be listed and the legitimate way of getting the app isn’t even considerable here. If you don’t want to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad but still want to enjoy the popular app and all its features, then you don’t need to get disappointed as we have an easy way to do it.
Before we start with the steps, you must know that the version of Kodi that is available for installing on an iPhone without jailbreak is Kodi 16.1. Earlier, there was a way to install the latest Kodi 17 on an iOS device but the download links for the software have already stopped working. So, we are bringing you the process that has successfully worked for several users.
How to install Kodi 16.1 on iPhone with jailbreak
1. The first step involves downloading the Kodi 16.1 iOS app and you can get it from here.
2. Next, you need to install the Cydia Impactor on your computer. Windows users can get it from here and the Mac users from here. This would be used for sideloading Kodi on your iOS device.
3. Now you need to either create a new account or log into the Apple Developer Center. The free account offers a limited usage of Kodi for just 7 days and you will ultimately have to upgrade your account for being able to use the app.
4. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer in which you installed the mentioned software. Close iTunes and tap on trust the phone when prompted.
5. In this step, you will have to launch the Cydia Impactor on the computer. The Windows users don’t need to launch it as an administrator.
6. Now drag the Kodi IPA installation file that you first downloaded into the Cydia Impactor. After which, you will have to enter your email address and Apple ID when prompted.
7. When the installation is complete, you can unplug the device. Then you need to head to iPhone’s settings > General > Profiles and Device Management > Find your Apple ID > Tap Trust.
This is the easiest way to install Kodi on your iOS devices without having to jailbreak them.