Kodi 15.0 alpha 1 The Road to Isengard – Last year we shocked the community and the world with the announcement of our name change. Now some months later we are happy to see that a lot of people have adopted this change and embraced what is now know as Kodi. The best media center in the world. We promised that we would stick true to our goal of improving it as media center and we will.
With this first public alpha release we will look back at the changes we have been doing for the past two months since the 14.0 release. We would certainly like to thank users who were already using our nightly builds to reach this stage.
As most will already know, with a new big version comes a new release code name following the alphabet. After a team vote and da-anda (our artwork guru) actually visited Middle Earth we chose to go for Isengard. At times you will find this as reference for the actual version number which will be 15.x
On the road to Isengard our developers will continue to focus on removing old legacy code, as well as improving both usability and user friendliness.
We’ve had about 400 pull-request for code merges, 1322 commits and thousands of code lines changed. Almost all sums up into the promised clean-up and stability. However because of the vast amount of changes it’s kinda hard to filter out specific problems that have been fixed. You can browse through the full change log: 15.0 alpha1 Otherwise we will sum up the most notable changes in the list below.
Kodi 15.0 alpha 1 The Road to Isengard, kodi tv, kodi update, kodi 15.0 isengard – alpha 2, kodi 15.0 isengard – beta 1, kodi 15.0 review, kodi 15.0 firestick, kodi 15.0 firetv, kodi 15.0 live tv, kodi 15.0 isengard download, kodi isengard skins, kodi isengard addons, kodi isengard amazon fire tv.
* Added adaptive seeking through audio and video playback, also know as “skip steps”
* Android HEVC H.265 support for some chipsets
* Improve webserver caching control
* External subtitles over UPnP
* Allow scanning of new sources and marking as watched during other library operations such as “update library”
* Allow different sort orders for different sort methods
* Start of integration binary add-ons and changing the build system around it
* Improved CC (Closed Captions) support for Live TV
* ffmpeg 2.5.4 update
* Remove remaining SDL code
* Minimal Mac OSX 10.7 Lion required
* Only OSX 64-bit builds provided by us, so no more 32bit builds
* Minimal iOS 5.1 required
* iOS 8.1 SDK & MacOSX 10.10 SDK
* Minimum Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 required
* Android API 17 as minimum with SDK 14 and NDK 10e
* Removed the need for root/SU on Android
* Android PIL packaging fixed
* Changed code to C++11
* Variety of memleaks, segfaults, crashes and minor issues fixed
* General improvements regarding code stability and performance in all areas
* General code clean-up in all areas to simplify adding future features
Kodi 15.0 Isengard Development Builds Sofware Download : Click Here